With the cold and flu season coming upon us, take time now to make this formula, which originally started with world-renowned herbalist Dr. Christopher. It takes 2 weeks to make, so start soon!
MASTER TONIC FORMULA
Ingredients (fresh and organic preferred)
- 1 part fresh chopped organic garlic
- 1 part fresh chopped organic white onion
- 1 part fresh grated ginger root
- 1 part fresh grated horseradish root
- 1 part fresh chopped hot peppers (cayenne, habanero, serrano, jalapeño, etc.)
- Organic raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar (1 gallon recommended)
- All ingredients should be fresh. Use dried (I.e. dried ginger) only in an emergency.
- Prepare all of your ingredients (chop, grate, etc.).
- Fill a glass jar, or jars, about ¾ full with equal parts of the chopped and grated ingredients.
- Fill your jar(s) to the top with your raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar. Make sure the ingredients are completely covered by the apple cider vinegar.
- Close the jar(s) and shake vigorously to mix everything together.
- Store the jar(s) in a dark place and be sure to shake them once a day for at least 2 weeks.
- Place a colander over a bowl and line the colander with cheesecloth.
- Place the mixture in the colander and use a plate to press the moisture out of the mixture into the bowl.
- You can wrap the cheesecloth around the remaining mixture to squeeze the rest of the moisture out of it.
- Pour the liquid through a funnel into bottles
** It doesn’t need refrigeration and it will last indefinitely without special storage conditions.
The Master Tonic is spicy! For daily immune boosting, drink 1-2 ounces, two or more times each day. Just put it in your mouth, swish around, gargle and swallow. Don’t dilute it with water or the effect won’t be as powerful.
If you’re fighting an infection, take the tonic 5-6 times per day. It can be used during pregnancy and it’s safe for children (use smaller doses) since food is completely non-toxic.
Dr. Richard Schultzs’ adaptation of Dr. Christopher’s original tonic.